REMUS is an early-stage venture capital firm that helps build companies enabling digital transformation and commercializing research breakthroughs. We’re focused on building, not betting on, contrarian companies that are transforming industries.
We now seek a VP of Building to work closely with our portfolio companies and help them architect strong foundations for future growth.
Responsibilities of the VP of Building:
- Be “on call” for our portfolio companies — most commonly for accessing customers/partners, assisting them with executive talent acquisition, and efficiently raising capital
- Help design and implement systems to support the foundation and enhance the scalability of our value-add platform
- Scope and lead projects to timely and effective completion
- Position yourself as a thought leader and build a network of experts to continually uplevel your and the portfolio’s abilities
- Help manage and develop our advisor and operator network for our portfolio
- Understand the challenges the portfolio companies face and help mobilize our network to address those obstacles
- Actively participate in the startup community and attend events, panels and discussions to seek and implement best practices from elsewhere
- Assist partnership with ad hoc projects related to new programs and initiatives for portfolio
Qualifications and Qualities of an Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of 3-4 years with a venture-backed startup or large technology company, particularly as a founder and/or in sales; OR ALTERNATIVELY, with technology clients as a management consultant at a large strategy consulting firm
- Proven ability to drive a funnel and run a process, whether in sales or other settings
- Demonstrated passion for technology, startups, and knowledge of the tech ecosystem
- Recognized by colleagues and friends as a networking superconductor
- Exceptional intellectual horsepower without ego and with the instincts to dissent in a collaborative way
- Experience planning, managing, and executing projects of varying complexity
- Unwavering work ethic, grit, and hustle
- Ability to work independently but support a variety of stakeholders
- Strong bias toward action over analysis
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and highly unstructured environments
- Strong appreciation and touch for customer service
- High sense of integrity in all aspects of life
The position would be based in our office in downtown Boston. It comes with competitive compensation, an entrepreneurial culture with a great group of people, and a flexible vacation policy. Start date ASAP. Please reach out to me at [email protected].
Apply with a brief bio and your LinkedIn profile. Let us know how you would hit the ground sprinting in your first 90 days, and your ideas to add value internally and externally.