REMUS is an early-stage venture capital firm that helps build companies enabling digital transformation and commercializing research breakthroughs. We’re focused on building, not betting on, contrarian companies that are transforming industries.
We now seek a Chief of Staff to work directly with the CEO to help manage an exciting phase of growth for the firm. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, entrepreneurial builder who is excited about the possibilities that lie ahead for REMUS and our portfolio.
Responsibilities of the Chief of Staff
- Anchor fundraising processes. The Chief of Staff will help run ~10 fundraising processes across the firm and portfolio over the next few months, including creating lists of investors, helping craft narratives with management teams, being involved in conversations with investors, implementing and maintaining up-to-date processes, and rapidly iterating on a daily basis.
- Enable strategic initiatives. The Chief of Staff will support the CEO in identifying strategic areas of focus, defining success metrics, and regularly reviewing and iterating on major initiatives to drive the firm forward.
- Instill data-driven rigor. The Chief of Staff will create a data-driven dashboard to give a bird’s eye view of appropriate KPIs across the firm to enable more agile decision-making and stronger accountability.
Qualifications and Qualities of an Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience banking or consulting
- Skilled at Excel, Powerpoint, and data analysis
- Proven ability to drive a funnel and run a process, whether in sales or other settings
- Project management experience and traits including organizational excellence, discipline, and determination
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Operations mentality: you love the idea of refining processes and systems to achieve better outcomes
- Entrepreneurial: you’re comfortable operating autonomously in unstructured environments and have a proactive orientation
- Relationship-builder, able to authentically build trust with various parties
- Demonstrated passion for technology, startups, and some knowledge of the tech ecosystem.
We are location-agnostic for the position in 2021. This role comes with competitive compensation, an entrepreneurial culture with a great group of colleagues, and a flexible vacation policy. Start date January 2021.
To apply, please reach out to Krishna Gupta at [email protected]