REMUS is a VC firm that helps build, not bet on, companies transforming massive industries. We started from an MIT dorm room during the Great Recession and spent the last decade helping build industry-leading companies, such as Allurion, ClassPass, Cogito, Ginger, Presto, and EquipmentShare.
We seek a Chief of Staff to help manage an exciting phase of growth. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, entrepreneurial builder excited about building value within REMUS and our portfolio.
Responsibilities of the Chief of Staff
- Support portfolio companies. The Chief of Staff will act as an internal resource to our portfolio companies, helping advise founders on pressing strategic, operational, and financial decisions. He/she will be REMUS’ point-person in fundraising and other processes, with responsibilities including collating lists, helping craft narratives with management, and rapid iteration.
- Support REMUS’ growth as a firm. As REMUS Capital grows as a firm, the Chief of Staff will manage the fundraising and recruitment processes and will work on a variety of other initiatives within the organization.
- Act as REMUS Capital’s organizational glue. The Chief of Staff will interface frequently with the CEO, the investment team, the VP of Finance, the VP of Communications, portfolio founders, and LPs. He/she will act as a liaison between all these stakeholders.
- Enable strategic initiatives and instill data-driven rigor. The Chief of Staff will support the CEO in identifying strategic areas of focus, defining success metrics, and regularly reviewing and iterating on major initiatives to drive the firm forward.
Qualifications and Qualities of an Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working with startups/tech, financial services, and/or consulting
- Skilled at Excel, Powerpoint, and data analysis
- Project management experience and traits including organization, discipline, and determination
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Builder mentality: you love the idea of creating something from scratch and refining processes and systems to achieve a better outcome
- Entrepreneurial mindset – hit the ground sprinting
- Relationship-builder, able to authentically build trust with various parties
- Proven ability to drive a funnel and run a process, whether in sales or other settings
- Demonstrated passion for tech and startups, and some knowledge of the tech ecosystem
The position is ideally based at REMUS Capital’s Downtown Boston office, but there is some flexibility for San Francisco. This role comes with competitive compensation, an entrepreneurial culture with a great group of colleagues, and a flexible vacation policy. Start date ASAP.
To apply, please reach out to Krishna at [email protected]