REMUS is an early-stage venture capital firm that helps build companies enabling digital transformation and commercializing research breakthroughs. We’re focused on building, not betting on, contrarian companies that are transforming industries.
We now seek a growth stage principal to join our deal team.
You would be the first full-time hire for our growth-stage investing and would thus have great upside and an opportunity to craft the foundation directly alongside the Partners.
Responsibilities of the Growth Stage Principal:
- Develop investment theses collaboratively with the Partners
- Reach out to hundreds of growth-stage (mostly B2B, Series B/C stage) technology companies and develop networks within the community in order to source prospective investment opportunities
- Lead diligence process on prospects and manage the funnel
- Close 3-5 new deals in next 12 months
Qualifications and Qualities of an Ideal Candidate:
- 1-2 years of sourcing experience at growth-stage venture capital firm
- 2-3 years of technology banking experience at a bulge bracket firm
- Must have fluency with financial metrics and modeling
- Must be outgoing and aligned with our values
- Should be skeptical by nature
- Should be highly entrepreneurial, have exceptional work ethic, and be able to work independently
The position would be based in our office in downtown Boston or San Francisco. It comes with very competitive compensation (cash and equity/profit-sharing), an entrepreneurial culture with a great group of people, and a flexible vacation policy. Start date ASAP. Please reach out to me at [email protected].